Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I want to live for Christ in EVERYTHING!!!!!

Genesis 25
I have had a lot of questions lately about how to live for God. Well, I think I've got it now, or at least I am looking in the right direction now. You see, I always asked, how can I live for God in everything, including the small things. How do I go to work and live for God? How can I sit on the couch and watch TV and be living my life for God? It's easy to look at the big things in life and to pick the way God wants us to live, but what happens when we want to live for God in everything? You see, He is waiting for us at every moment. He is waiting for us to seek Him at every moment. He wants to grant us all of our wishes. And so we are to pray to him. We are to ask him to be there for every moment. When we are going to work, ask God to be there with you and ask Him to give some one a smile from God.If we ask God to be in everything in our lives, then we are living in Christ at all times. We are meant to ask God to be in everything from a good nights rest, our meals, out friends, to our children, our jobs, homes, churches, etc. He wants to grant us all that we need, but we must be willing to ask Him to be in everything, from our heart.

Even when we ask God to be in the decisions we make, he may not reply right away. Sometimes, it takes time. This time is on purpose by God. We may not be asking with all of our heart, or we may need to know more about something first, or possibly even to appreciate all that God does for us. What ever reason for God to hold back, we must be patient. There are a lot of unanswered prayers that I have, but this reading today was an answer to one. God is giving me knowledge and teaching me how to live in His glory. It has been tough for me to live for Him in everything because I didn't know how. I was getting very frustrated because all I wanted to do was walk in His word, but I didn't know how. Now I have a new insight. We must pray that God is with us at all times. And don't be general about it. Get specific. Go deep and thank Him for everything. Ask Him to join you as you drive to work. Ask Him to help you fill your car up with gas. Ask Him to be there as you fix your hair. Whatever it is you are doing today, ask the person who cares for you more than you will ever know to join you, God, our Father.

I pray to all of you now that you find the patience to wait for God's answer that you are begging for. I pray for God to join you, hand in hand, as you wake up tomorrow and forever more. I pray that God watches over you and protects you, because you are my friend, my brother or sister in Christ. I pray to you all, no matter how tough your day, your week, or even your year has been, that you are able to smile, because you have a friend that loves you through Christ's love!

Thanks for reading today! God bless!

No comments: